Pounds to shed

Saturday, June 28, 2008

IN TRANSIT




Off I went, heading to the country of a thousand facets. Home to a huge variety of species, pittoresque landscapes and it's rainbow nation, South Africa is and always will be my home. I therefore undertook my yearly trip with great excitement and eagerness. It all began with a 3 hour TGV (high speed train) ride from Avignon to Paris, followed by my 7 hour PARIS-DUBAI flight. Then came the long wait, 8 hours filled with reading, photographing, walking, more reading, a lot of window shopping and no actual shopping at Dubai's grand duty free. That taken care off, I was able to board and after a smooth enjoyable flight landed at Oliver Tambo International Airport. Quite an epic journey but it was so worth it. I am finally home!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'T'was about time !