Pounds to shed

Monday, July 21, 2008

On our way to Durban







Bye bye Richards Bay! I will dearly miss it, it is the ideal place for me. Not highly populated, quite small but so intensely beautiful. But it was time to move on and continue our journey. That said, we set off to Durban. Along the way we halted at crocodile creek, a crocodile farm 43km north of Durban. After a long bumpy road between the hills and sugar cane fields we finally came face to face (manner of speaking) with huge Nile crocodiles and gigantique alligators. Once more a very educatif and interesting stop where I had the opportunity to taste crocodile biltong. I must admit that I was a little wary at times since our guide informed us that a few days earlier he had caught a green mamba and he suspected another one was still lurking somewhere in the trees! Holy Shmoly (this is my new favourite expression, Ive been saying it at least 10000 times daily)! You can only understand my nervousness as black and green mambas are the fastest and most poisonous snakes in the world, with enough venom to kill two elephants...Speed and venom, a leathal combination!



No comments: