Pounds to shed

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Feeling the Christmas spirit

HO HO HO!!! Can you feel the spirit of Christmas? I can't remember ever being this excited at Christmas time. It's going to be the first family Xmas after many years and I just want everything to be perfect. Despite it being oh so commercial, Christmas to me remains a period of sharing, giving, a time for family reunions and big festivities, a time of togetherness, Umoja (as we say back home).
Walking the streets of Montpellier and basking in the street lights, feeling the cold and walking from stand to stand at the traditional marché de Noel (Xmas market), I realised that I do love this country and truly enjoy being here. Experiencing the French lifestyle, the French cuisine and traditions is simply awesome and I am continuously amazed and the wonders of La France!

(Christmas market)


(Xmas stand)

(Santa's sleigh)

(oh Tannenbaum)

(Xmas tree sale)

No comments: